VAS » Balance Transfer
1. How to do to access balance transfer service Dial?
You can access the service with the following USSD code:
*223*amount to send*recipient’s number# [send]
Example: *223*1000*09456456456# [send]
The amount to send + 5% service charge will be deducted from the sender’s main balance.
3. Can I transfer bonus balance to my friend?
No, the Balance Transfer service is only applicable for transfers of main balances.
5. Who are eligible to receive credit from a friend via Balance Transfer?
MPT GSM/WCDMA Prepaid users are eligible to receive credit from Balance Transfer. Active, 1-way block and 2-way block users are eligible to receive credit.
7. What happens when I transfer credit to a one-way block user? (One-way block user is a user whose main balance validity has expired, and is only able to receive SMS and calls).
One-way block user is eligible to receive a Balance Transfer. Upon receipt, the user will not be blocked anymore and will instead get a main balance validity of 90 days. If the one-way block user has not topped-up within the 90 days, he should return to one way block status.
2. Is there a minimum/maximum to the amount that I can transfer per transaction?
You can send any amount between 300 and 10,000 Ks at one time; there is no limit to the amount you can transfer in one day, but there is a limit of 5 transfers a day. The counter starts and ends at midnight every day.
4. Who are eligible to send credit to friends?
MPT GSM/WCDMA Prepaid users are eligible to send credit via Balance Transfer. Customer who have been consumed more than 3,000Ks from the activation date. User must have enough credit in the main balance to cover the transfer amount.
6. I am a CDMA users or postpaid users can I use Balance Transfer?
Unfortunately, at this point in time MPT does not offer the Balance Transfer service to CDMA & postpaid customers & who used less than 3000Ks.
8. What happens when I transfer credit to a two-way block user? (Two-way block user is a user whose main balance validity has expired more than 30 days ago, and is not able to send/receive SMS or calls)
Two-way block user is eligible to receive a Balance Transfer. Upon receipt, the user will not be blocked anymore and will instead get a main balance validity of 90 days. If the two-way block user has not topped-up within the 90 days, he should return to one-way block status.