MPT Customers are Strongly Encouraged to Register their SIM Cards and Receive 100MB Mobile Data & MPT Money 1,000 MMK Gift26 Mar 2020
(Yangon, 26th March 2020) – As per the directive of Posts and Telecommunications Department (PTD), customers are required to register their SIM Cards using their legal name and NRC Number after purchase and MPT has simplified the updating SIM Registration process through multiple channels for the convenience of their customers.
Now, MPT, Myanmar’s first and leading telecom operator, is encouraging its customers to update the SIM Registration information, free-of-charge, to reflect correct personal information and to avoid purchasing SIM Cards that have already been registered. As part of this announcement, MPT is offering 100MB mobile data bonus to customers who update their SIM Registration details by MPT 4U Application or web-site for the SIM which is registered before January 2020. Beginning 7th March 2020, customers who completed update of registered information in SIM will receive the bonus which will be provided immediately after completion of update.
MPT Customers can conveniently update their SIM Registration information free-of-charge through various channels listed below –
1) Simply Dial *601# for checking on registered information in your SIM.
2) MPT 4U Application (The application is free to download by dialling *4040# for Android OS. Data fees will be charged to download MPT 4U Application at Apple® App Store https://apple.co/3bdjV7w and Google® Play Store https://bit.ly/2WB6BWq).
3) MPT’s Customer Self-Care website at care.mpt.com.mm.
Registering the SIM Card under their legal name and NRC number can help customers enjoy MPT’s services safely, securely and avoid malicious activity by criminals especially in mobile financial services. SIM Registration can help preventing misuse and exploitation of the actual user and can help SIM Card holders accountable for their actions.
Moreover, MPT customers who update their SIM cards through MPT 4U Application between 18th and 31st March 2020 will receive 1,000 MMK gift in their MPT Money Account by 24th April 2020, which can be used at merchant shops and for top-up, transfer or cash out..
If MPT customers who don’t have MPT Money Application, simply follow the steps below;
1) Download MPT Money Application through bit.ly/MPTMoneyAndroid for Androi Users and http://bit.ly/MPTMoney_iOS for iOS Users, but standard data charges apply
2) Register first to make an account, free of charge
3) Fill up your mobile phone number, a verification SMS will be sent to your mobile to complete registration
4) Confirm your information (Name, National Registration Card (NRC) number, phone number)
5) Submit National Registration Card (NRC) photo
6) Set a new PIN code by yourself
7) Successful Account Registration and log-in into MPT Money Application
*MPT Money Tutorial Link https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=saved&v=584381028819154
“As per the government’s mandate, we are encouraging all our customers to complete the SIM Registration or update their SIM Registration Information quickly and conveniently at various locations and channels. MPT employees are ready to assist our customers with SIM Registration process and customers can also enjoy 100MB mobile data bonus and MPT Money 1,000 MMK gift for completing this quick and easy process,’’ said Mr. Reizo Umeda, Chief Commercial Officer of MPT-KSGM JO.
MPT is conducting SIM Registration activities across all the States and Regions to encourage its customers to register their SIM cards. These activities allow customers to do SIM Registration at the nearest MPT Own Shops and Branded Shop.
As directed by the Posts and Telecommunications Department (PTD), customers are allowed to register only two SIM cards under one valid NRC number. MPT customers are encouraged to complete or update the SIM Registration with correct personal information no later than 30th April 2020.
For more information about SIM Registration, MPT customers can call 106 or by visiting the MPT official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mptofficialpage/ or by visiting MPT website www.mpt.com.mm .