GENERAL » Tourist Sim
1. Where can I buy MPT’s Tourist SIM card?
Yangon airport, major hotels and tourist destinations in Yangon, Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw, Bagan and Inle. Call 106 from an MPT number, or 01-2399106 for any other operators to find the nearest outlets.
2. Can I be able to use my SIM card if I travel back to Myanmar?
Yes, within 90 days after the validity expires.
3. How do I activate the SIM card?
Make any phone call or dial *124# call.
4.How do I load the balance into the SIM card?
After activation, the 5,000 Ks balance and 1.5 GB internet will automatically be available for use.
5. What is the validity of the 5000Ks balance/1.5 GB data?
The balance is valid for 10 days, up until 23:59:59 on the tenth day. After the tenth day, the SIM will then become a standard (Swe Thahar) SIM card – top-up is required to continue the service.
6. If top-up in my first ten days, when will it be valid until?
The top-up will have validity according to the top-up amount. However, the 5,000 Ks balance and 1.5 GB data will expire as usual, on the tenth day.
7. If I don’t top-up, when will my SIM be deactivated?
If no top-up is added, the SIM card will be deactivated 90 days after validity expires.
8. How do I check my balance?
Send BAL to 1331