GENERAL » Prepaid Mobile Services
Prepaid Mobile Services
Where can I find a SIM card ?
You can find MPT SIM cards across the country, in handset retailers, electronics shops, groceries stores, etc. To buy a SIM card, you will need to complete the customer registration form accurately and provide a copy of your identification. The list of identification that can be used for SIM registration is shown below.
• Myanmar National Identity Card (both sides)
• Passport (photo page)
• Driver’s license
• Student ID from Myanmar college or university
• Local authority letter signed by local village head (with at least name, father’s name and address provided)
• Passport (photo page & visa page)
How do I activate my SIM card?
To activate your SIM card, you need to put it into your phone, turn on your phone and make a call, or top-up your balance using one of our top-up cards. You will receive an SMS confirming your SIM card activation and informing you about your phone number. As a welcome gift, you will receive 900 Ks credit:
• 300 Ks initial free credit once your SIM card is activated
• 300 Ks additional free credit 30 days after your SIM card is activated (if validity period remains effective)
• 300 Ks additional free credit 60 days after your SIM card is activated (if validity period remains effective)
Welcome gift credit is valid for 30 days. You can use for all your calls, SMSs and data services.
How do I top-up?
You can top-up your account by using one of our top-up cards, available in retail stores. Please follow the instructions in the back of the top-up card.
Can I top up for someone else?
Yes, you can top up someone else’s number. Therefore, purchase a top up card and dial the following: *123**#
What happens when my credit expires?
For SIM cards activated from Sept. 4th If you reach the expiry date of your credit you cannot make calls, send SMS or use data. You have 30 days to top-up your account before you become unable to receive calls or SMS messages. If you top-up during this period, you will retrieve your remaining balance. After this 30-day period, your remaining balance is lost. You have 90 days after you reach the expiry date of your credit to top-up your account, before your line is terminated. For all other SIM cards: please call 106.
What is the price of a SIM card?
The recommended price for an MPT SIM card is 1,500 Ks.
How do I check my credit balance?
To enquire about your balance, please dial *124# and press enter (or) please send SMS “BAL” to 1331.
What denominations are available for top-up?
Top-ups are available as physical scratch card and e-top up in the following denominations: 500ks e-top up, 1,000 Ks, 3,000 Ks, 5,000 Ks, 10,000 Ks, 20,000 Ks, 30,000 Ks 1,000 Ks and 3,000 Ks top-up denominations are currently available for GSM and WCDMA only.
How long can I use my credit for?
The validity of your credit depends on the top-up card you use:
• A 500Ks top-up (e-top up only) will give you 500 Ks credit, valid for 365 days.
• A 1,000Ks top-up card will give you 1,000 Ks credit, valid for 365 days.
• A 3,000Ks top-up card will give you 3,000 Ks credit, valid for 365 days.
• A 5,000Ks top-up card will give you 5,000 Ks credit, valid for 365 days.
• A 10,000Ks top-up card will give you 10,000 Ks credit, valid for 365 days.
• A 20,000Ks top-up card will give you 20,000 K credit valid for 365 days.
• A 30,000Ks top-up card will give you 30,000 Ks credit, valid for 365 days.
The validity of your credit is cumulative: every time you top-up, the validity of your total balance is extended by as much as the validity of your top-up card.
How do I activate data?
If you subscribed to Swe Thahar, data is automatically activated (free of charge). Simply make sure your APN settings are set tomptnet. If you are on Base Tariff, send “Orderdata service” by SMS to 1331. You will be able to use internet without paying any data subscription fee. To start using internet, please set your APN to “mptnet”. You will receive a confirmation SMS that data services are enabled on your line. To deactivate data: send “Cancel service” by SMS to 1331