1.How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- register an MPT SIM or sign up to use one of our services;
- use one of our services;
- communicate with us;
- participate in any of our surveys, promotions, contests or loyalty programs;
- request for information through any of our customer channels;
- respond to our marketing materials;
- visit any of our shops or offices; and
- visit or browse our websites.
In addition, we may obtain your personal information from third parties when you have given your consent to share such information with us, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
2.What personal information we collect
The list below contains the personal information we may collect from you. Such list may not be exhaustive, and any additional personal information collected may be detailed further in the specific terms covering a service.
- Name, NRC, address, date of birth, sex, phone number, email address, contact information, and any other information you provide when registering for an MPT service, or when participating in any MPT event such as a promotion, survey, etc.;
- Your customer account data, types of services used, spending patterns, video streaming and video packages and usage, TV and video viewership, payment history, and preferences for services used;
- Records of communications between you and MPT, for example, by SMS, calls made to our call center, voice recordings, images, emails, and letters;
- Device model, network data, device data including battery life and apps on your device, settings, product and device-specific information and identifiers, router connections, and operating system used to access our services and websites;
- Call and SMS data records including the phone numbers and dates and times you transmit to and from;
- Duration of voice calls;
- Voiceprints and other biometric identifiers;
- Approximate location at the time of communications or use of services (e.g. Cell ID, GPS, etc.);
- Your IP address, browser and network information, data usage, and how you use online services;
- Credit card information and bank account details;
- Log-in information on MPT’s service websites, your browsing activity on our websites including duration of visits, the websites you are coming from, and the websites you access from our websites;
- Information about you obtained with your consent from third-parties, for example when we integrate our digital services with third-party services; and
- Social media profile information including preferences and online activity whenever you use your social media credentials to connect with our webpage or services.
3.How we use personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide our services to you, and to assess and improve our products and services;
- communicate with you, including send you notices, alerts, and invoices, and collect payment;
- verify your identity;
- provide you information about the services you currently use and the benefits that are available to you;
- manage our network operations, including troubleshooting and optimization;
- help us tailor our services and content to better appeal to you;
- analyze the effects of our advertising on you and direct relevant advertising to you;
- review your past payment history and creditworthiness;
- determine eligibility for new products and services;
- recommend and market products and services that may be of interest to you, including products and services which may be offered by third parties;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- investigate, respond to, or defend claims or potential claims made against us;
- produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymized or aggregated in a way that does not identify who you are; and
- undertake any other action required or permitted by any law, regulation, notification and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
As mentioned above, we may aggregate your personal information with the personal information of other customers for various purposes, including research and analysis to better understand our customers, so that we can improve our services and provide new products that will be useful for you. Such aggregation of personal information is normally done on an anonymized basis, meaning the information about you being used can no longer identify who you are, and we may provide such anonymized data to third parties for various purposes.
4.How we share your personal information
In order to provide, manage and operate our services and products for you, we may share your personal information in the following ways:
- with companies and service providers engaged by us to process information on our behalf and/or assist us in providing you with services and products. In these instances, we require such companies and service providers to protect the information we provide them and only allow them to use such personal information for the specific purpose for which it was provided;
- with law enforcement and/or government agencies, including when necessary to protect or advance our legal rights and property or when obligated or ordered to do so under law, warrant, court order, or any other legal or regulatory instruction; and/or
- with other parties when you have given us your consent to disclose such information, or as otherwise permitted by any law, regulation, notification and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
If we enter into a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets or business, personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
5.Our marketing efforts
When you agree to our General Terms and Conditions, you allow us to use your personal information to market services and products to you that we feel you might be interested in based on your preferences and customer profile. You may at any time opt-out of receiving such marketing messages from us. Please contact our call center (dial 106 for MPT customers) for more information. If you opt-out, we will not send you marketing messages for the specified duration of time, however we will continue to send you important messages regarding the services you currently use.
6.How we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information through several technical and administrative security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, use and transfer. We have implemented and authorized an internal information security committee to oversee our information technology security policies and procedures to ensure appropriate standards and compliance are enforced to keep your personal information safe. When we share your personal information with third-parties to process information on our behalf, we ensure that they implement appropriate measures to protect the personal information that they receive, and only process such information in accordance with our instructions. Your personal information may be stored in our data centers, or in servers and locations outside of Myanmar.
7.Your rights relating to your personal information
We will provide you with all access and rights with respect to your personal information in compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements. To learn more about your personal information that we have in our files, please contact our call center (dial 106 for MPT customers) for more information. We need your help to ensure the information we have about you in our files is accurate and complete. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate and complete information, and to update us when such information changes, so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible customer experience.
We will store your information for so long as required under applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
It is not our intention to collect personal information of children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. If we become aware of such information in our databases, we will delete it unless we are otherwise required by law to keep it. If a service or product is intended for use by children specifically, we will inform you accordingly and let you know what information is collected.
We are not responsible for third-party websites and services or the ways in which they collect and process your personal information. Please review such third-party privacy policies to better understand their privacy practices.