GENERAL » Sim Card Replacement
SIM Card Replacement
If I have lost/damaged my SIM card, can I get it replaced?
Yes, you can apply to replace a lost or damaged SIM card. In order to be able to replace your SIM card, you will need to be a registered MPT user. Only the owner of SIM is allowed to apply for a replacement SIM.
Where can I go to get my SIM card replaced?
MPT Branded Shops, MPT Co-branded Shops and MPT Own Shops offer lost and damage card reapplying service at the following addresses,
• Junction Square,Kamaryut Township. Tel: 09-73491155
• Hledan Center,Kamaryut Township. Tel: 09-260995588
• No. (005), Build (A),14/1 Ward,South Okkalapa Township. Tel: 09-252588991/92/93
• No. (103/5),Yankin Road,(1) Ward,Yankin Township. Tel: 09-73148102
• Corner of Stand Road and Bo Aung Kyaw Street, Kyauktada Township. Tel: 01-252255
• Corner of Mahabandula Road and Pansodan Street,Kyauktada Township. Tel: 70726/01-700055
• Corner of Bo Sun Pat Street and Mahbandoola Road, Near Sule Pagoda.
• 839/841, Bogyoke Street, Lanmadaw Township.
• 84 St; between 33rd Street and 34th Street, Chanayetharzan Township. Tel: 09-259706000
• Corner of 73rd Street, 36th Street, Maharaungmyay Township. Tel: 09-795000086
• Corner of 60 Street, Manawhari Street, Mandalay. Tel: 09-265513331
Nay Pyi Taw
• No(Pa/232),Myo Ma Market, Naypyitaw.
How do I apply for SIM card replacement?
Fill up application form for replacement at the designated locations. Provide proof of identification and ownership for the SIM card, and submit verification information if requested. The following information/documents can be used for proof of identification: o Copy of National Registration Card (NRC) of the owner – compulsory o SIM purchase contract o SIM registration form o SIM jacket/package o SIM (for damaged SIM card) Once the verification process has been conducted, you will receive a new SIM card. Please pay the replacement fee if applicable. The new SIM card will be activated.
If I replace my SIM card, will I lose my phone number and remaining credit balance?
No. When you replace your SIM card, you will keep your phone number and remaining credit balance.
How much do I need to pay in order to replace my SIM card?
For lost SIM cards, damaged SIM cards due to customer fault, or change in SIM card format (e.g. change large SIM for nano SIM or micro SIM), you will need to pay a replacement fee of 1,500 Kyats. For damaged SIM cards not due to customer fault, the replacement fee is waived.
How long does it take for my SIM card to be replaced?
Typically, the SIM card would be replaced and activated within 1-3 days. However, the processing time can vary depending on the situation.