1. What is ADSL speed upgrading and repricing?
MPT is changing ADSL tariff and upgrade speed, started from 1st April 2018. With this, all the subscribers can enjoy faster speed at cheaper annual cost. We also waive 52,500 Ks of annual fee, starting from 1st April , 2018 together with the speed upgrading and waiver of annual fee 52,500 kyats.
2. When will new ADSL price be effective?
The new ADSL price will be effective from 1st April, 2018. As ADSL service is on postpaid contract, you will still receive an invoice with old price in April for the service you received in March. In May, when you receive your invoice for the service in April, new price will be shown on it.
3. What will happen to existing 512Kbps, 1Mbps, 1.5Mbps, 2Mbps and 2.5Mbps customers?
Existing customer can still enjoy the ADSL service, however, the prices will be changed to new prices and annual fee will be waived. Speed upgrading for existing customers has been processing. Previously customer paid higher cost due to annual fee. Customer can now enjoy higher speed with less costly for annually.
4. What are the benefits for repricing and upgrading?
Previous 512Kbps, 1Mbps & 1.5Mbps customer can enjoy double the speed and 2Mbps and 2.5Mbps subscribers can enjoy 3Mbps with the saving of up to 400,500 kyats annually.
5. How will the speed be changed/upgraded?
512Kbps customer will be 1Mbps.
1Mbps customer will be 2Mbps.
1.5Mbps customer will be 3Mbps.
2Mbps customer will be 3Mbps.
2.5Mbps customer will be 3Mbps.
6. When will the speed upgrading be finished?
Speed upgrading will be done phase by phase and we will announce on MPT webpage or official Facebook page once the upgrading is finished at all areas.
7. Do I have to do anything to apply new speed and price?
Speed upgrading and price change will be done automatically by MPT, and customers do not need to apply for it.
8. When will the wavier of annual fees be started?
Starting from 1st April 2018, annual fees of 52,500 kyats will be waived. With this change, you will not receive an invoice for it anymore.
9. I’m using 2.5Mbps now and paying 84,000 kyatsper month. How much do I need to pay now?
2.5Mbps customers will now have to pay only 55,000 kyats per month and speed will be upgraded to 3Mbps. Please refer to our ADSL webpage for new prices for other plans.
10. Does MPT guarantee speed of ADSL services?
MPT is providing ADSL services as best effort service. So actual speed may be different according to congestion of the network and condition of infrastructures.
11. How can I apply ADSL?
In order to use ADSL internet service, you will need to have Auto phone and inquiry at respective exchange office for feasibility check.